Friday, July 10, 2009

Glutenized - Always learning

A Silly Yak doesn't like to be glutenized. And when it happens we have options. We can hate our situation and whine about it. Or we can learn from mistakes and improve our chances of being contaminated.

For our family I don't notice reactions much. Now it seems to be when we have company that stays multiple days. I forget the usual things until it is too late. And then I find crumbs in the butter and mayonnaise and the usual carelessness of crumbs where they are not suppose to be. I forget that others have habits that are normally not a problem. They don't realize that they are causing us harm. And we are hesitant to complain about contamination issues with those we love.

I wish I had answers to solve these out of the normal situations. I could store small jars perfect for camping on the shelf for company use and remember to put out another butter or buy margarine just for company use. But like anyone, I forget until it is too late. Maybe I will enlist my children to help me remember next time. After all 3 heads are better then one.

My best advice about situations like this, is to look over everything and try to learn from the mistakes that were made along the way. Educate others when you can. Try to remember to protect your food. And then say prayers that your food is safe. After all, our visitors are learning and bound to make mistakes.

Today, I am thankful for the Aloe drink that I buy at Trader Joe's. At least it helps heal things quicker.

No comments: