Friday, February 20, 2009

Easy Skillet Granola

I love Granola! But I have burned it in the oven more then once. =( So I don't make it anymore, well I won't in the oven. I am also avoiding making it, because of the price of gluten free oats is expensive. For those that are not gluten free, regular oats are contaminated, from what I read. I haven't noticed a reaction and so only eat them when friends are nice enough to make us something safe for us. I love my friends. :) I don't recommend this for others, because it is taking a chance. Back to granola, I buy the Gluten Free granola. It is expensive and very disappointing, because it is not the same from what I remember. :(

I found this recipe on a blog. It makes a lot. I just wanted a cup of granola to try it out and so I just eye balled the adjustments. It turned out great. I also cooked it without the honey on a higher heat for about 5 minutes and then added the honey at the end. So for me, that was almost instant. lol I love eating mine with yogurt, soy yogurt that is.

Easy Skillet Granola --to the table in less than 30 minutes
-1 cup oil
-1 cup honey
-12 cups of oats
-dash of cinnamon.
-3 cups dried fruit

Heat oil and honey together in skillet with oats -- stir in with dash of cinnamon, keep stirring at low-medium heat until well coated and lightly brown (15-20 min) Then add dried fruit. Serve with milk.

You can find this recipe along with some other breakfast recipes at http://www.aholyexperience.com/2009/01/you-were-asking.html Not all are gluten free.

No comments: