Monday, February 9, 2009

Menu for Feb 9th - 15th

Last year I tried to put together menues for our family. We were transitioning to a cheaper budget and so it was a new learning experience for me. I understood living on a cheap budget with a regular diet, but not a gluten free/casien free/pork free.



This year I decided it was time to take those menues and make lists. My goal is to have seasonal rotating weekly menues. That is only 16 menues for the whole year. I also wanted to include breakfast, lunch and snacks as well. My goal is to attach the menues, grocery list, and include some room for those family cravings to add in easily. The idea is to give me room to have easy and quick meals just in case, not eat out (only special occasions), stay on budget, and also have a few days planned just in case we can't make it to the store until Wednesday. You know, plan for the unexpected. Also, the idea is to be flexible in the week for time allows and what ever happens.



For this weeks menu, I am not completely done and I haven't gone grocery shopping yet. (Luckily, I still have unmade meal plans from last week)



WINTER MENU - WEEK 1



Breakfast

-Hot Cereal

-Cold Cereal and Muffin

-Fried Egg Sandwich

-Oven Pancake

-Smoothies and boiled egg

-Eggs, bacon and toast

-Overnight French Toast and Potatoes



Lunch

-Turkey Cucumber Sandwich

-Mexican Dip and Corn Chips

-Tuna Melt and Soup

-Pizza Toast

-Chicken Salad

-Risotto

-Chili Burgers



Dinner

-Husband's Pick _________________

-Liz's Pick - Spring Rolls, Fried Rice and Chop Suey

-Vicky's Pick - Ribs, Mashed Potatoes, and Salad

-My Pick - Muffin Size Meatloaf (I have a new Pampered Chef Muffin Stoneware that needs some seasoning!)

-Fish Curry, Rice and Broccoli

-Split Pea and Ham Soup with Sandwiches

-Rotisserie Chicken, Baked Potato and Salad or Coleslaw

-Taco's and Refried Beans

-Pizza Rice Casserole and Salad

-Clean out the Refer and Freezer Soup



Snacks

Still working on that - not there yet.




No comments: