Monday, February 2, 2009

Why I need to take my Vitamin B12 shots!

Sometimes I make myself so mad, because I will forget something important about my health and I will suffer for it. This time I decided that I was going to blog it and hopefully never forget it.



At different times, two different doctors have put me on Vitamin B12 shots. But I hate needles and avoid them. (Although, I prefer blood testing over a lot of other testing!) The truth is, the doctors are right, I do need the Vitamin B12. Once I start the injections, my symptoms improve and I feel tons better. After a while I think my body stocked up enough and I get this crazy idea that my body will replenish Vitamin B12 without the shots. Because I hate needles so much, I am willing to believe any wild story I tell myself.



Each time I started the Vitamin B12 shots, were because I felt tired, unmotivated, foggy brained, and yucky. This last time it started with my backache that didn't go away. I had it for 5 months. Off and on, I also was having other joint pain in my foot, ankle, and knee. Every x-ray that I have had showed arthritis. I was looking at what I was eating, checking my allergy drops, supplements and nothing was the problem. I was stumped. Each week I was losing more energy and my brain was clouding up. Soon I was in a fog. I prayed and must not have heard God's answer. Looking back, I can now see the many times He had revealed the answer to me. When I started the first shot, I immediately knew that was the answer. The next day, all of my pains went away, I had energy and my mind was clear again. :)

Now to learn to maintain it!!!

You can learn more about Celiac and Vitamin B12 visiting these links...


http://www.celiac.com/articles/807/1/Low-Serum-Vitamin-B12-is-Common-in-Celiac-Disease-and-is-not-due-to-Autoimmune-Gastritis/Page1.html


http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C640858.html


http://deliciouslivingmag.com/health/herbsupps/dl_article_1160/

1 comment:

Stacey said...

There is a B12 vitamin you can take that you let dissolve underneath your tongue. I can't remember the brand off the top of my head. That might be another option since you are not a fan of needles.