Monday, January 12, 2009

January 12 - 18 menu

This is our menu for this week. I allow flexability within the week so we can change our minds if we need to. This menu is gluten free, casien free and pork free.

Wycliff Adobo Chicken

Crock Pot Honey Lentils - First time that I am trying this recipe
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/12/crockpot-honey-lentils-recipe.html

Crock Pot Tomale Pie - First time that I am trying this recipe
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/04/crockpot-tamale-pie-recipe.html

Fish and veggies in Trader Joes Indian Curry Simmer Sauce
I remember how good this was when I was working and would go out to eat at this little restraunt with my Indian friend. It was one of my Indian friends favorite dishes that they would serve occassionally.

Baked Speghetti

Crockpot Rotisary Chicken - one of my favorites
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/crockpot-rotisserie-style-chicken.html

Chicken Chow Mein and Chinese Fried Rice - I haven't tried the Chinese Fried Rice recipe yet
http://www.recipezaar.com/Chinese-Fried-Rice-38748

*************

Recipes are as follow

WYCLIFF ADOBO CHICKEN
I originally got this recipe from a Wycliffedinner theatre, and it originates in the Philapeans.

ADOBO FOR SIX
2-4 Tablespoons Oil or Shortening
3-4 Cups Pork Cubes, Chicken Pieces or a combination
1-2 Cups Cubed Potato
4 Large Garlic Cloves, cut in fourths
½ Cup Vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar)
2 Large Bay Leaves (in cheese cloth) (I skipped this)
2 Whole Peppercorns, crushed (I used 1/2 tsp pepper)
1 Teaspoon Salt
¼ Cup Soy Sauce
2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar
3 Cups Water
(I added 3 grated carrots)
(I added 1 onion chopped)

Directions: Brown meat and garlic with the oil in a large pot. Add other ingredients, simmer and cover until tender. Serve with rice and mixed vegetables. For thicker broth add cornstarch.

Feel free to add more brown sugar. I think it needs it. Also I remember them adding Pineapple.

***

BAKED SPEGHETTI - This does have some casien in it.

1 lb Ground meat
1 jar of Speghetti sauce
1 small package of GF Speghetti noodles
2 eggs
1/2 cup to 1 cup grated soy cheese

Brown meat and add speghetti sauce. Boil noodles and rinse with cold water. Beat eggs and mix together with noodles. Pour noodles and eggs in greased 9x13 pan. Add meat and sauce over noodles and top with the grated soy cheese. Bake Preheated oven at 350 until cheese is melted and bubbly.

***

CHICKEN CHOW MEIN - not sure where I found recipe

2-3 c. cubed cooked chicken
1 med. onion, sliced
2 c. diagonally sliced celery
3 tbsp. salad oil
1 can (6 oz.) sliced mushrooms, undrained
1 can (1 lb.) bean sprouts, drained
1 1/4 c. chicken broth
1/8 c. soy sauce
3 tbsp. cornstarch
2 cans (3 oz. each) chow mein noodles or rice

In large skillet, cook and stir chicken, onion and celery in oil until onion is tender. Stir in mushrooms (with liquid), bean sprouts and chicken broth. Blend soy sauce and cornstarch; stir into vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Serve over chow mein noodles or rice. 4-6 servings.Variation: Turkey or pork chow mein: Substitute 2 to 3 cups cut up cooked pork or turkey for the chicken.

***



No comments: