Sunday, January 25, 2009

Menu for January 26th - February 1st

This menu is gluten free/casien free/and pork free. I usually include 8 different dishes, just in case we change our minds.

We were at a friends house and my youngest read their menu. She noticed that the kids got to help choose a dish for that weeks menu. So my youngest started complaining and wanted me to allow her and her sister to help choose this weeks mene. So this week I asked my family what dish they would like to add to this menu.

1. My husband said he wanted steak! I told him that he would have to buy the steaks before I really counted it, because $teak would take a huge chunk out of my budget for food.

2. My youngest said she wanted taco's, because we haven't had them for a long time.

3. My oldest said she wanted Chicken Makhani. It was already on my menu when I asked her and so I held off to save it for this week. http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/12/crockpot-chicken-makhani-indian-butter.html I used ground cardamom instead of the pods. You can get cardamom and garam masala at a Asian market.

4. Pesto Chicken - Trader Joes Pesto Sauce dumped over rice noodles and cooked boneless/skinless chicken chunks. Served with mixed frozen veggies.

5. Crock Pot Chili - Recipe is posted here

6. Sweet and Sour Stir fry - I am trying this one http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1839,157168-251197,00.html

7. Salmon smothered in mayo and sprinkled with Paparika. Just as it sounds with salt and pepper. Bake 350 until done. Fingers crossed that my husband won't find a reason to skip the fish. :( But come on, fish is good for us!

8. Crockpot Rotisary Chicken You can find the recipe at http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/crockpot-rotisserie-style-chicken.html I really love this recipe!!!!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

NOT CASAIN FREE
Trader Joes Basil Pesto Sauce does contain dairy in it. Doesn't seem to be enough to effect our family.

Sheri

Sheri said...

Whenever a recipe calls for yogurt, I use Silk Soy Yogert Plain.