Friday, January 16, 2009

Menu for Jan 19-25 2009

I can never follow my menu. I decide something sounds better, or I forget to get the crock pot together in the morning, or we get too busy and I need to make something easy.

So instead we made ...


-Regular spaghetti instead of baked spaghetti. - Dear Sweet Husband made it from a can and doctored it up..


-We made scalloped potatoes, because I was making a dish for another family.
with dairy http://www.recipezaar.com/Scalloped-Potatoes-82456
without dairy http://www.gretchencooks.com/recipes/1034_Gluten_Free_Scalloped_Potatoes_and_Ham I added 1/4 cup of soy cream and used less mayo, onion, paprika, Italian seasoning and a mixed seasoning blend. Top with soy cheese if you wish.


-And while I was at the store picking up the aluminum throw away pan, I found huge cabbage on sale for 4 lbs for a dollar. All I could think of was my sister-in-laws Beerocks she makes. I will post this recipe on the blog later this week.

-Saturday the husband wanted pizza and so we made pizza.

-Sunday the husband wanted to enjoy the beautiful weather at the beach and so we ate fast food without a bun.


*****


So this week is mostly the same as last weeks, except I am adding...

-Lazy ground turkey (not sure what type of sauce yet - something that needs to be used up in my refer.) - Easy, cook meat with onions and add sauce. Serve over rice.


-Crock Pot Chicken Makhani (Indian Butter Chicken)
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/12/crockpot-chicken-makhani-indian-butter.html
I used ground cardamom instead of the pods. You can get cardamom and garam masala at a Asian market.


-Chicken Veggie Soup (to use up tired veggies in the refer.) - I don't have a recipe Add leftover chicken, chicken broth, veggies and season. Cook over med until it comes to a boil and them simmer until it is done. I sate my onions and carrots for 5 minutes before adding. Can add rice or noodles. I sometimes add 2 Tbsp curry. Each time it taste a little different.


:)


The meals we didn't eat from last week that I am adding to this weeks are...

-Chinese fried rice with chicken chow mien

-Crock pot honey lentils

-Crock pot Tamale Pie

-Fish and veggies with Trader Joe Curry sauce

-Baked Spaghetti

No comments: